Jedi Master Got Game!
When I think of the Star Wars galaxy and the numerous characters that I love and wish someone would have told George they were a bad idea, many come to mind. Some had depth while others were just there for sad, comic relief. When people ask me my favorites, I have to separate the actor from the character. For example, if the lore and idea of what a character is impressive, but we way an actor portrayed him/her/it was a little south of pathetic, I do not hold it against him/her/it. I look at the reason for someone to exist and what their role is in the fictional universe that has made billions for their creators.
Think about it. We had scoundrels, princesses, unlikely heroes, fantastical battles, and even pathetic walking teddy bears who danced and said "gub gub" to each other. The evil villain, who changed at the end of his life, was a heavy breather who could choke things with not touching them. There were planets made of mostly lava and those made of nothing but a desert of ice. We upgraded Camelot to deadly beams of light and found out that big furry creatures have beautiful hearts. Even the robots were relatable. So, when asked my favorite, it is a very tough decision to make.
However, the one that I love the most is, of course, a little green man named Yoda. Not too surprising to those who know me, I know. To begin with, with Frank Oz as the creator and actor behind Yoda, he was a winner from the beginning. Add in his philosophies, his ability to stand up for what is right, and his phrasing of idioms makes him an unstoppable force in my mind. As I am always apt to do, I began to wonder what he must have been like before we met him in The Empire Strikes Back. Sure, we got to learn more about his in the prequels, but even then, he was still in the autumn of his life span. With him being about 900 years old of his passing, one question comes to mind.
Did Master Yoda have any game?
Calm down purists; I know enough of the lore in Star Wars to understand why virtual tomatoes are being thrown at your screen. However, I will point out that we only know what we have seen on the screen. There is a considerable number of chapters missing from the annuals of the most revered Jedi Master. I will ask my question once again. Before becoming a full-on Jedi, did he, in his youth, hang out and try to get lucky? So the squirrels in my head got on the treadmill as if they had just consumed four massive energy drinks, and wondered what kinds of pickup lines he would use.
- Feel the force, you will.
- Patience you must have, shaking twice you will be.
- In a dark place we will find ourselves, and a little more passion lights your way.
- Do or do not. There is no try. (Unedited because it's perfect)
- Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose, clasps and straps bind you, let them loose help you I will.
- Lightsaber I have. Strong and firm it is, wield it you may.
- Powerful you have become, desire I sense in you.
- Great lover. Sex not make one great, unless trained in the ways others know not.
- Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is knowing the places to go.
- You will find only what I put in.
- Difficult to see. Always in motion we will be.
- When you look at my lightsaber, careful you must be. For the saber looks back
I am sure there are many others, but part of me feels a bit abashed, while the other laughs in glee.

Comments